Wednesday, February 4, 2015

This is my program...

I've had such a great outpouring of support for this adventure, for this blog, for everything...
It is great to hear that my decision to "get healthy" is helping others to make that same decision. I've had a lot of questions...one common question being "Which program are you doing?"
This is my program:

Now, I'm not knocking whatever you are doing or have done to lose weight, tone up or change your lifestyle. Everyone is different - therefore different methods work for different people. But, I know for me - this is the best way. This is a realistic, long term change. I don't believe I could find success with shakes, boxed meals or whatever else is available. I guarantee I would fall back into old habits when I transition to a normal way of eating.

I do attend TOPS, for the accountability and support - but it is not a specific program. It's all about taking pounds off sensibly. These 4 areas are the most sensible and realistic way - for me.

This past week has been my most successful week overall, by committing to these 4 areas of "my program". I have created an evening routine to try to de-stress, settle down and ensure I go to bed at a decent hour (as I am a bit of a night owl). I am eating healthy - by not only counting my calories, but watching my portions, what is on my plate, tracking my carbs, sodium and sugars.  I am currently getting 64 oz. of water - most days (I won't lie...). Lastly, I am exercising regularly - rotating cardio and strength. Which, if you remember, was the area I was struggling in. But, as you see...I've been able to move over most of my tabs this week!

I feel good - I made a schedule, I put up my tabs, and I'm sticking to it. I also created a binder (those of you who know me are laughing right now, because I have a binder for everything!). I use it to keep all of my resources together to help stay on course. In my binder I have sections for each area of "my program". It really helped me reach my goal of incorporating exercises into my work week.


My Workin' On Ma Fitness Binder is really keeping it together for me. In the front I keep my weigh-in and measurements.  I also add any inspirational quotes, photos or messages to this section. Then I have a section for schedules and planning. This is where I would schedule out my week and add my work outs. I also plan my meal and shopping lists in this binder.

The next section is for food journaling. Although I do enjoy the convenience and resources of programs/apps such as The Daily Plate and My Fitness Pal...such as being able to scan bar codes and being able to simply search my product and have all of the nutritional information a click away...Sometimes, this does not work for everyone and especially does not work if you do not have consistent WiFi/cell service accessibility. In that case, good ole' notebooks work just as well. The one downfall I found of tracking on paper is that I find it extremely important to not only watch calories - but to check other daily intakes such as carbs, sodium, sugars, etc. When you're just jotting foods down in a notebook, you're not always watching these specific areas. So I created a spreadsheet - to help track all vitals areas.


I also have a section for exercisesI keep a list of possible cardio options, so I can change it up frequently but not forget my options. I also keep a section of strength routines - kettlebells, yoga/medicine balls, weights, resistance bands - all of this equipment which I've collected over the years. I have found most of these routines on Pinterest. I print them and stick them in this section - again, so I can change things up frequently and not forget any.

The last section is for recipes, this is where I keep all my Pin Wins! One of the recipes I've added this week is not much of a recipe at all, but a fabulous concept - Wonton Cups!

I already struggle with lunches and since I have to pack one 5 days/week, this has proven to be quite a task. I don't mind salads and I would eat them 5 days/week if I had to - but why should I? If you feel this way, you should try Wonton Cups.


I purchased a package of wonton wrappers (typically found in the produce section). I spray the muffin baking pan and push the wonton wrapper into each hole.


I bake them for 5-6 minutes at 375, until they're golden brown. Now you have a little cup to fill as your heart desires! I made chicken salad to put in mine. I eat 2 wonton cups, paired with a cup of grapes for a 200 calorie lunch. You can fill with egg salad, tuna salad, any salad or sandwich fillings you enjoy. The wonton wrappers also freeze nicely - so I counted out 12 wrappers, placed them in baggies and popped them into the freezer for future use.

Caesar Salad Cup
We also used the cups for treat night - and made won ton cup tacos.

Taco Wonton Cups
Wonton Cup possibilities are endless...Type in Wonton Cups on Pinterest - I dare you. You'll never grow tired of Wonton Cups. They have made it very easy to plan my lunches.

Last week at TOPS, we learned...

I agree 100% with this statement. I have worked really hard to plan and I feel good! I had hoped the scale reflected how good I am feeling - and I think it did. I am down another 2.6 lbs. I was really hoping to hit the 280's tonight, a number I had not laid eyes on for a very long time - but I came up 0.4 lbs short...And that's okay. I am still on track: Lose 1.75 lbs/week to reach my 30th Birthday Goal. This is my program and it's working for me!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so awesome. Staying so positive and working on yourself! Truly inspiring! I love it. PS Love the tabs!

    ReplyDelete