Thursday, February 12, 2015

Adventures in Babysitting

Over the weekend I babysat for some friends so they could have a little getaway. Let me tell ya - there is nothing better for the ol' ego than playing video games with a six year old. I hear people say how you shouldn't pretend to lose...kids needs to learn how to win AND lose, be good sports, etc. Well, I can tell you - that's never an issue for me. I can't win even if I try.

And try, I did! I was focused, yet I couldn't keep that toad alive. I just couldn't! Therefore, video game time went a little something like this:
"Miss Brittany...you need to jump."
"Miss Brittany...I'll just carry you over."
"Miss Brittany...Maybe you could just stay in the bubble a minute."
"Miss Brittany...Just stay behind me."
"Miss Brittany...Maybe you would like to try an easier level?"
"Here Miss Brittany...let me do that part for you."

Their lovely stash of lives - 620 to be exact, greatly diminished by the time I was done. Yup...Not a gamer. Not even a little bit. Thankfully, it didn't last very long before our friends arrived for our sliding party - and therefore, I didn't disappoint my little admirer for too long. Before we knew it, the house was packed with kids and the fun had begun.

Wreckage of our Sliding Saturday - Party of 6! 
Fun - which includes my friend getting stuck a the bottom of the hill in the deep snow, seriously not being able to get back up, which inevitably lead to her 1 year old son ditching her and crawling up the hill solo...As well as Miss Courtney losing her boot in this same deep snow and having to create a spontaneous game of hide and seek Miss Courty's boot. By this point, my lack of video game ability was long forgotten!

Miss Courty lost her boot! 

Digging for boots - Prize: Hot Chocolate & Cookies

Sweet E...

B and Mumma taking a tumble 
One thing not forgotten: Everything I've been working on. Even though I was not home, in my own element, I managed to stay true to this new lifestyle. I must say I was relieved- this is usually where I fall apart.

I packed all my own food and didn't have any slip ups - even when the children indulged in hot chocolate and cookies after our sliding party. I took advantage of their awesome treadmill and got my work outs in. I slept well and drank my water.


At home, I have set myself up for success. Now, I have proven also that I can do it when I am taken from my perfectly planned routine. It feels really good to know I've whole heartedly made the commitment, that I can follow through regardless of the circumstances.

So good, in fact - that on Monday I ate a piece of my niece's birthday cake. I was comfortable indulging in that piece of cake and maybe some ice-cream while still managing to lose 3.2 this week!

My sweet Rylee Bug turns 17 - Ugh! 
I also felt so good about my weigh-in last night - that I may have also indulged in a piece of cake for my friends 1/2 birthday at work today. I'm sure at this point you're thinking - Whoa, Nelly...let's not get out of control now. Two pieces of cake this week? First of all, Thursday is my treat day. Secondly, I felt so sick afterwards - I was naturally consequenced. It was not worth it at all. It was far too rich for my personal preference, therefore on top of not being used to eating anything sweet lately - I felt very sick. I doubt I'll be doing that again for a long time.



However, focus on the positives - which is that I'm down a total of 13.6 lbs in 3 weigh-ins.I finally hit the 280's - which as I said before, I have not had the pleasuring of seeing in quite some time as I continue to gain/lose the same 15 lbs over and over.


Life is good. As I stated last week, for me it really is mind over matter. I think I finally have my mind on track with what my body and heart want, and here is where I feel I'll finally begin to find REAL success and shed these pounds for good. With 196 days to go, Miss Rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment