Thursday, February 19, 2015

E is for Extreme

As I arrived at work one morning this week, I was greeted by not just one, but two people who implied that I was looking a bit smaller than usual. This couldn't have been better timing - because I was extremely worried about my weigh-in this week due to my extreme Valentine's splurging. So, what better way to try to balance it out but with some additional exercising - extreme exercising in my case!

I can only imagine what you have in mind when I say extreme exercising...excessive, perhaps? Not quite. I have two words for you - exercise ball.

What's so extreme about an exercise ball? It is a bit more difficult than one may realize. That beast looks like a piece of cake. It looks like you're going to get in your push-ups, crunches and more, all while happily bouncing on your ball.

No sir.

What I THINK I look like on my exercise ball...

I found a few fancy work outs on...you guessed it, Pinterest. Some of those babies are far more difficult than they look. Sheesh! During a very graceful side crunch on my new ball, I became a little overly confident. Here I am, powering through...left-right-right-left-left-right...and WHAM! I rolled a wee bit too far, lost my balance and went flying, crashing my head into a nearby wooden crate. Super.

What I ACTUALLY look like on my exercise ball! 

The first of many bumps and bruises. However, nothing quite as painful as tossing Becca onto her back. I am easily distracted, so while I was supposed to be supporting her through an exercise somehow I became distracted, lost my grip and...WHAM! Flat on her back. So, not only was this event extreme for myself, apparently it is extreme for anyone who joins me.

All in all - I did enjoy these routines, regardless of my injuries. It was a nice change from my kettle bell, resistance bands and of course - cardio! Because you all know my feelings on that subject - it was a nice change from that as well, or... a nice new excuse to avoid it.

Speaking of avoidance - I really wanted to avoid my meeting as well. The night before, I really started to feel nervous. However, I previously wrote about facing the scale...and that's just what I did. I felt like a kid on Christmas eve, very impatient for the big day to arrive. I just needed to get it over with. I needed to face the scale, accept the number and move on - FAM.

Now, normally I would never share any information from my meetings - but I will say this: most people seemed extremely nervous while waiting in line to weigh-in, and the look of surprise once they hit the scale was priceless. Myself included.

I was desperately hoping to hit my 15lb loss this week, even though I had a sneaking suspicion I had gained. To my surprise, I did not gain. However, I also did not hit my 15lb mark, which I was only 1.4lbs away from. But my 0.8 lb loss did not make the cut. I know I should be glad I survived V-day, but I will be honest in saying I am a little sad about failing to hit my goal.

So, it's FAM time...189 days to Find Miss Rice. More importantly, 26 days until our next Holiday temptation - St.Patty's Day, latty! EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment